Saturday, June 16, 2007

Happy birthday to me!

Yesterday was my birthday. I woke up to a decorated house (thanks to Tom and Ashley). Then, I went to lunch with Hilary and Connie at Olive Garden. Then Shane came home from work early and we went to the mall to buy me new shoes for my birthday. Then we ate dinner at a 50's type diner and then we saw Ocean's 13.

Then this afternoon we had a party with the whole family at Tom's house. We went swimming, ate some ribs, swam some more, and then we had cake! Shane got me a Harry Potter cake (complete with a toy of Harry riding a hippogriff) and Harry Potter glasses that he made me wear while they sang to me. Hilary and I watched all four movies in the last week and are gearing up for the new book and movie to come out in July (while we're in Peru), so Shane thought it was only fitting to celebrate. He even pre-ordered me a copy of book 7!!

It was a great birthday, but I still missed my family and friends in Utah. I do appreciate the calls and notes I got from everyone. My parents even sent me a ton of cookies since they couldn't be here.

All in all, I had a great weekend! We didn't take any pictures, but we have some great video of the swimming and the kids being funny. Maybe I'll get some of it up...if I can figure it out...

No comments: