Wednesday, May 28, 2008

A Big (Little?) Problem...


I know, two of our last three posts were about insects, but here we go...

So, basically we've noticed a few little ants crawling on our kitchen peninsula (yes, I said peninsula...the part that sticks out between the kitchen and dining area) since the day we moved in. It hasn't ever really been an issue, except for the day they infiltrated my bagel box and ruined them all. However, they have recently discovered the dishes we leave in the sink usually have tasty morsels attached and now they know they can make it all the way to the stove unobstructed.

Luckily all of our food is stored in other places, but we're sick of the little things crawling everywhere. To top it all off, our empty Brita pitcher was on the counter while we were out of town, this morning when I went to pour myself some water, there was a dead little ant floating in it!

We've poured the ant dust all around the outside of our house so they can't get in, but we haven't seen a difference. We've tried two different kinds of ant motels that have the stuff they're supposed to carry back to the colony with no difference. We've even tried leaving cream of wheat out (which is supposed to make them explode).

We're open to any other solutions...any suggestions?

2 comments:

Nat said...

You know those sticky spider traps? Bait them with sugar....stupid little creatures can't resist.

EmmaTheJane said...

you know what I would do? Well I will tell you just as soon as you call me!