Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Your Vote Counts!!!

In the spirit of election day, I would like to ask everyone's input on a very important matter... You see, last January Shane and I bought a Christmas tree. I think it's a 7-foot tree or something. Anyway, we decided we needed ornaments to decorate our new tree since the mini decorations we used for the 3-foot tree we inherited (stole?) from my parents will seem funny on the big tree. So, we went to Ikea last weekend and bought some decorations. We were really excited about them until we showed them to Tom... He mentioned that our blue/silver color scheme (which makes me think of winter, snow, ice...) made him think we were celebrating Hannukah instead of Christmas.

So, I want some input... If you saw these decorations on someone's tree, what would you think?

First, these in silver and dark blue: Then, these in silver:
These in white and dark blue:
The white ones of these:
The blue ones of these:
Your comments are appreciated! Remember...every vote counts.

8 comments:

Christina said...

The fact that they are on a Christmas tree would leave no confusion in my mind about whether you were celebrating Hannakuh or Christmas. I think those colors look unique and classy. It is a nice change up from the norm.

Amy said...

Yep, silver and blue look nice together. Just leave the mecnora in the closet and you'll be fine.

atec said...

So what if you were celebrating Hanukkah....it's a pretty cool holiday.....but like christina said....it's a christmas tree. Just do what you like....ignore everyone else...even me!

Tam Tam said...

Huh...I think I was thinking more BYU than Hanukkah at first. It's very wintery colored too. So I think you'll be just fine with them! Yay for Christmas!

jen said...

i LOVE them! I wish i had a tree to decorate!

Megan said...

I think they are keepers. I have seen plenty of Christmas decorations in blue and white. Is your house put back together these days???! We would love to come and visit.

Anonymous said...

i love the color scheme- when it't on the tree no one will think otherwise! you are a cutie!


p.s. if you are are thinking of going to jerome, you should do it! we went two years ago over thanksgiving and we had a blast- we ate our turkey dinner at the insane asylum!

Leslie Smoot said...

I realize this comment comes 3 weeks after Christmas ended, and if you're like your mom, your decorations were taken down Dec. 26, but I just discovered your blog (by linking from Piper and Matt's blog).

Anyway, I have to be honest here--they remind me of Hannukah. But it's probably moot at this point anyway.