Wednesday, October 28, 2009

34 Weeks!

I figured it's been a while since our last post, so this one's a conglomeration of updates on life since the last post...

First, I'm officially 34 weeks and 1 day today. I had an appointment yesterday and everything seems to continue to be fine. Honestly, I don't have many complaints. I think he's starting to run out of room in there, though, so he finds my ribs a lot more frequently... Here's a picture of the belly as of now:

Second, we finished our guest room (which Shane now lovingly refers to as the mother-in-law suite). It's a little small, but we hope it will make our guests feel welcome:

Shane and Tom started our winter lawn last week. Don't know what a winter lawn is? Neither did I until I moved here. You see, the grass that somehow survives the summer months can't stand the "cold" of Arizona winter...so you mow down your summer lawn to the dirt and spread winter grass seed over the yard. A few days later, it begins to sprout. Ours is still a little patchy in spots, but it's fun to see how fast the grass grows.

The temperature stayed in the 60s all day today! This is a welcome break from the 90+ degree weather we've been having this month. We slept with our window open a crack last night and the room got down to 73 degrees without the AC kicking on! I celebrated today by wearing a short-sleeved dress...and smiling to myself at all the people in sweatshirts and coats. It's nice to not be hot all the time for a change!

I only have 3.5 more weeks until I go on my leave. It's crazy to think that's all I have left. Luckily I've ended up on fairly smooth running projects so I think I should be able to tie up all my loose ends and go on a real, uninterrupted leave!

Hmm...that's everything I can think of for updates as of now. It seems like all our time and energy currently goes toward preparing for this baby in some way, so sorry if the blog has gotten a littly baby-centric. That's all for now!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Jessica you look great! Mark and I are so excited for you guys!

Nat said...

Hooray! You look fabulous. I hope the next three weeks are totally awesome.

Megan said...

Don't worry about your posts becoming "baby centric". I LOVE IT! That's what your life is about right now, and I absolutely love getting to hear all about it. It makes me feel closer, even though we are so far away :(
YOu look fabulous btw! Your belly is so dang cute, you are a beautiful pregnant soon-to-be mommy!!

Matt and Piper said...

Your blog will forever be about your baby now. He will be the most important part of your life and it's amazing how many pictures or comments you can find to give his life more meaning to others.
BTW is that the comforter that I told you about so long ago? It looks different, but I can't remember what it looked like before.

shaunna and scott said...

Look how cute you are! I am so excited your baby is almost here. You will love being mom!