Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Exactly one year ago...

I was 39 weeks pregnant.

I went to my weekly OB appointment. For some reason I decided to pack my car with my hospital bag and computer (I think it was the non-stop Braxton-Hicks contractions).

My appointment went as usual: no baby progress (1 cm, 0% effaced); high blood pressure; a spike in my glucose (admitting I had chocolate milk for breakfast)...

Then the doctor came in and said, "I don't feel comfortable letting you go another week... looks like we're going to have this baby today."

The rest of the day was a blur... driving (.2 miles) to the hospital, checking in, hours of Law & Order reruns in triage while "ripening" (oh what fun), lots of text messages and phone calls, notifying work I was officially gone for the next 4 months, my last meal...

And finally, 24 hours later, our lives changed forever.

But more on that tomorrow...

No comments: