Sunday, July 12, 2009

The verdict is in...

Sorry for the delay folks... Amidst the excitement of Tuesday's news and my traveling on Wednesday, I neglected to update the blog...

Anyway, the baby was a little shy and wouldn't come out of a little pocket it was hiding in. In that position, the cord was right between the baby's legs so the tech was a little worried about getting a good shot, but luckily she worked her magic and the last shot we got was a definite answer (according to her):

IT'S A....


BOY!

We have a better (clearer) picture printed that even includes a little arrow to help guide your focus, but we don't have a scanner and this one was already on a CD for us so sorry if you can't see it.

It was an amazing experience to see our little baby rolling around in there, or not rolling for that matter (he hid in a little pocket and covered his face with his hands most of the time). Honestly, with my lack of any major symptoms, not being able to distinguish baby movement quite yet, and the fact that I really don't have much of a belly yet I was beginning to wonder if he was really in there. But seeing him on the screen was definitely reassuring. Everything about him measured up to the average for his age (18 weeks). His head seems to be following the Richards tradition (i.e., his head measured at 18 weeks, 4 days when the rest of him measured at 18 weeks), which should be interesting... The tech tried really hard to get a profile picture, but he wasn't cooperating. The picture below is the closest she got.

Right after this one, he opened his hand (the one just above his face) which was really cute, but that picture is printed so I couldn't post it. We also got some cute 3D ones of his face and feet (which he had tucked over each other just like his father does every night...how sweet).

Anyway, I'm done gushing. I could write quite a bit more, but it'd probably only be interesting to me, which means it belongs in my journal :) We're excited that we have a healthy growing baby. We can't wait to see him again in 6 weeks!!

6 comments:

Tam Tam said...

Woohoo!!! A boy! He will be protective over his other siblings! Congrats again. So exciting!

Megan said...

Yay! that is so exciting! I knew I would be wrong in my guess :) I think you should keep gushing about the details, I love them! It's so exciting you have a little man inside you growing! Congratulations again!!!!

Chance Mikos said...

Awesome, If i read your post right you said he has a slightly large head... That is also a Hatch thing. (Think about Roy)All of our boys have large craniums...I am so excited for you guys. I cant wait to spoil another nephew!

Aleisha said...

Yay, a fun little man! I agree with Megs, gush away!! I love all the details (if people don't, they can scroll down and not read them!) And besides, since when have you been concerned about sparing details? :)

shaunna and scott said...

Congrats! I am so happy for you. You are going to be such a cute mom! You will love having a little boy they are so much fun!

Nat said...

Wohoo! Congrats again.