Friday, April 23, 2010

Frame of Reference

I know, I know...I haven't posted in a while and I have quite a bit to post (like almost a month's worth of Daily Dylans, which I'm debating, and all about our trip to Salt Lake), but today I got a very clear picture of just how much our little boy has grown since he was born.

In our birthing class, the nurse suggested that we take a picture of our baby next to the same stuffed animal throughout his life as a frame of reference. I thought this was a great idea but for some reason I never really thought about doing it. (I know, with all the pictures I take of him each day you'd think I'd remember to take one with a stuffed animal once a month).

Anyway, today I was taking pictures of Dylan with his monkey because he was squishing him and eating him. Then I remembered that my mom took a picture of Dylan at 2 weeks old with the same monkey:


I realize he's grown in the last 5 months (yes, he really is almost 5 months old!), but it was shocking to see how much he's actually grown...and I'm not sure how I should feel about this. Excited that he's growing up and learning new things? Yes! In awe at how amazingly fast our bodies develop? Yes! Sad that my little boy isn't so little anymore? Yes...


3 comments:

Megan said...

That really is a great idea! And he definitely has grown, hasn't he? He is just so dang cute! I'm still waiting on the SLC post... (and the months worth of Daily Dylan's!)

Tam Tam said...

whoa that is crazy. almost unbelievable! it's hard to tell how much they grow when you see them everyday. i wish i had a picture like that for L.

Megan said...

What a great idea! I need to get a stuffed animal for Maylee pictures. He has grown so fast - amazing how time flies as a mommy! He is such a cutie!