Friday, September 30, 2011

Dinosaur bath

Dylan is currently in LOVE with dinosaurs. I'm not sure how it started, but once he started talking about them a lot, I bought him a little set of dinosaurs to play with. He loves these guys. They all have names (some are their real dinosaur name, others are nickname) and he can tell you which one is missing if he doesn't have all of them in front of him. I generally carry two of these with me at all times because he likes to ask for them...

Last weekend Dylan went to play with cousin Jack, and they got to play with bubbles in the sink...something I never would've thought of to entertain Dylan.


A few nights later, Dylan said "Dinosaurs bath." Feeling inspired by Ashlee, I grabbed my biggest bowl, made some nice soapy water, and let Dylan have fun with his dinos. (They probably needed a good washing anyway...) He loved it!



I'm hoping I can eventually channel this love of bubbles toward helping clean the house someday...

[P.S. Go here to see Ashlee's blog of Dylan and Jack at the splash pad... At least someone's blogging about my summer.]

2 comments:

Ashlee Hatch said...

Ahhh, what a sweet boy!! We would LOVE to have Dylan over again soon...and I've got to give you those pics!

Megan said...

He is so stinkin' cute! And so smart too! I loved hearing him say "long neck". AH, I'm dying of his cuteness!