Thursday, August 9, 2007

A week in paradise...


Shane and I are now relaxing away in Hawaii with my family. We were invited to come to celebrate my dad's 50th birthday, which also happens to be our second wedding anniversary so we're not complaining at all!! We are staying in a beach house on Maui in Lahaina. The house is called Sharkpit, but we've been assured that the name doesn't allude to anything. We each have our own room, except for Sheri who makes a comfy bed for herself on the couch each night and we have an awesome beachfront view!! It's actually owned by an artist named Christian Riese Lassen. If you bought a cool ocean scene folder as a kid, chances are he painted it. The picture is the view from our back porch. That's the edge of the infinity pool (which makes us feel like we're in the OC).

We're here with my parents, Jared, Jessie, baby Vera, and my aunt Sheri. We got here on Tuesday and we leave next Tuesday. So far we've gone snorkeling, ate a lot of good food, taken many walks on the beach, and done a lot of swimming. Those who are certified are going scuba diving tomorrow morning and then I think we're going to go on a hike somewhere. We don't have many things planned, but it's nice having the flexibility to do whatever. We're just loving relaxing after our nonstop trip in Peru, the babysitting, and moving into our house!

I've been working to remind Vera of who I am. She still gets a little worried when I hold her, but I'm sure by the end she'll know who I am, just in time for me to leave again.

I was going to post some more pictures, but it took so long to upload the two I already have over this internet. I guess I'll just have to add more when we get back, along with the rest of the Peru pictures...

1 comment:

Catherine said...

How fun! Hawaii sounds nice right about now. You two definitely deserve it after running around in Peru! And the view is amazing...enjoy!