Monday, June 14, 2010

Dylan's Favorite Toy

Every morning, Dylan gets very excited when he sees this:


Can't tell what it is? Let me help you out a bit...


I'm not sure why, but this is currently his favorite "toy" in the whole house (aside from the remote controls and cell phones that he only gets to play with on rare occasions). Every time I take a drink, he starts flapping his arms and reaching for the cup. Even though he can only see the bottom, he knows that if he grabs it and keeps rotating it, he'll end up at his favorite part: the straw cap...



He doesn't seem to get bored of the cup. I eventually end up taking it away so that we can play together! I used to work on getting the right amount of fluid each day by drinking while he was eating, but I can't do that anymore...as soon as he sees the cup, he's not interested in eating until it disappears!

1 comment:

EmmaTheJane said...

careful with the straw cap. On a totally different level, Harrison pulled mine off and had it in his mouth... Dylan might not be able to do that yet... but someday. So I'd ditch it. Just in case.