Our poor little blog has been neglected...we have some good excuses (which I'll share below and hopefully have some follow-up posts on), but I hope we (which really means I because I'm pretty sure Shane has never posted--ever.) can be better at keeping up with this because I love looking back on it.
Without further ado, here's what we've been up to (a.k.a. why I haven't blogged in over three months):
1. I got sent to Salt Lake for two work trips just two weeks apart. Dylan was still free to fly then and I don't work Mondays or Fridays so we got two long weekend with Grammie and Grampie!
2. We bought a new house! I realize we already had one house...and there will be a separate post about our new house, so I won't go into it here, but we LOVE our new house and are excited to transform it into exactly what we want.
3. During my long weekends in Salt Lake, Shane and his dad spent his weekends working on our new house...moving walls, pouring cement, painting...
4. We spent a whole week in Salt Lake for Thanksgiving, including a couple days at the family cabin.
5. Dylan turned 2!! We celebrated his birthday while we were in Salt Lake...
6. ...and again in Phoenix.
7. Dylan quickly figured out who Santa was (not so much the part about him giving presents, but that he was somehow connected to Christmas) and asked him for decorations when he met him at our ward Christmas party.
8. We celebrated Christmas in our new house, complete with a fire in the fireplace.
9. Dylan discovered superheros (namely, Spiderman, Superman and Batman) and refused to change out of his Superman jammies one day.
10. Grammie came to visit us for a week. She broke in our guest room and helped us organize and re-stock our new house, amid lots of playing time with Dylan.
11. We've had beautiful weather here lately, so we've spent a lot of time outdoors, especially at the park.
12. We've been busy building a rocket ship to send Dylan to outer space, thanks to a box from our new dishwasher. It's hard work building a rocket ship...more to come on that later.
13. We discovered that Baby #2 will be joining our family around the 4th of July!
Hopefully most of these will turn into their own post over the next week or so, so stick with us. I hate playing catch-up, but I'd like to remember these things later.