Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Shane's 30th

Last month Shane turned 30 years old!! To make sure we celebrated properly, my parents came into town, and thanks to them the party was awesome!

Thanks to my mom, Shane had a poster full of memories and plenty of 80's-themed decorations:



My "just snacks" idea for food turned into a whole counter full, but it was delicious!


My mom also found all kinds of candy from when Shane was young (bazooka gum, pixie sticks, fun dip, fruit stripe gum, bottlecaps...) and mailed it all to me in Phoenix so guests could enjoy it during and after the party.


Once everyone gathered, we played Minute to Win It games around the house. I was worried that people would be embarrassed to play, but once things got going everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves! (Seriously, if you're looking for good party games, go here...)

Amy playing "Bite Me"

Me playing "Movin' on Up"

Dylan even got to stay up almost an hour and a half past his bed time to enjoy the party. Luckily Grampie was around to keep him company, which he did throughout their visit...



{I realize these pictures aren't from the party, but aren't they so cute??}


Shane got his customary angel food cake with simple icing...complete with 30 candles. They took a while to light...but Shane blew them all out at once!


From me, Shane got a walk down memory lane with a Ladmo Bag and a Ladmo shirt.



From the rest of the family, Shane got the following...

Toilet paper...

Toilet brush...

A Reader's Digest...

Air freshener and a gas mask...

They told him these things were because after 30 your life goes down the toilet, and everyone looked like this (except Shane who was quite confused):


But the real reason for all of the toilet-themed presents was my parents gave him one of these:

A teeny tiny toilet!!

Just kidding! But they really did give him a brand new toilet for our house. Both of ours have been known to clog even when you flush clean water down...so this was a very thoughtful gift...

All in all, it was a great party and Shane got all the love and attention he deserves...especially to celebrate his 30th birthday.

3 comments:

Joleen said...

This was a fun post! I feel like I was part of the party.

Also, I love the new title to your blog. Somehow I feel like I played a small but significant role in your eternal happiness ;)

And one last item...how do you two know Josh Jenks?

Meghan and Randy said...

Love the toilet jokes! How nice for Shane's parents to get you guys a toilet! Loving the pictures of Dylan- he is growing so fast! I just want to put on the brakes for all the babies out there and enjoy them an extra second longer!

The Parson's said...

:) Loved the post! Plus it gave me some ideas for my hubbys birthday coming up! I have been at a loss for ideas but this deff. helped me out! Thanks!