Monday, July 28, 2008

Hello from (almost) Mexico...and other random updates

I'm in a hotel in Sierra Vista, AZ... I drove for a little over 3 hours last night to get here. I think if I drove straight south of Tucson (instead of the southeastern direction I did travel), I would've ended up in Mexico, but I'm not quite there yet. Apparently the elevation here is almost 4000 feet so the high today was only 87 degrees!

This trip marks the beginning of my travel-full (I know, not a word) busy season. I'll be home for two weeks and then I'm off to Vegas for 4 weeks. Shane might be have to find another hobby to get him through this year's busy season...maybe more seeds.

Anyway, my post about bus rides seemed to entertain some of you. I'm happy to announce that my week of bus rides went so well, it turned into two weeks of bus rides! I'll be back in Phoenix on Tuesday night so I'll be riding the bus the rest of this week too. It's really such a great deal...I don't have to drive, I get to read my book, I don't have to pay to park, and I don't have to pay for gas.

I think the happiest news for me lately was that I passed the CISA exam!!! For those of you not in my world of auditing, that's Certified Information Systems Auditor (I know, super-nerd). I took in on June 14 (a great way to start a birthday weekend), and I really wasn't sure how it went, but apparently I did well enough to pass the test (granted, you only need a 55% to get a passing score)! I can't be certified for two more years, but I guess the exam is really the hardest part of it all. At least now I can say that I might be done with standardized testing forever!!

In other news, we had the Bakers stay with us for a little bit. We're SO excited to have our old friends back in the same valley as us. They only stayed for a few days (we were sad to see them go), but they probably are happier having their own space rather than being crammed into our two extra bedrooms. Either way, it'll be fun to spend some time together like the good old Wymount days...

This is turning out to be a very random post. I guess I just had a bunch of little things to write about and didn't want to make separate posts for each... We have some pictures to post of our new bathroom, but we've been slacking off a bit. Maybe someday soon!

No comments: