Monday, October 15, 2007

Halfway there...(and why I hate LAX)

So, I actually took the pictures I promised on Saturday. The house was nice and clean right before Emma and Kendall showed up so I quickly took some. But, because of the craziness of that day and the fact that I had to head to LA on Sunday, they aren't uploaded. I'll upload them on Saturday when I get home... We did have a fun day Saturday. Emma and Kendall came over with their kids, then Piper and Matt and their kids, then Michael and Karla Roush (Shane's friend from when he was younger). Then, when everyone was leaving after the ASU game, Tom and Ashely, and some other friends showed up at 11!! It was quite a long day, but it was good to spend time with some friends...

In other news, I officially hate LAX. Every flight I've flown into LAX in the last month has been delayed at least an hour and every flight out has been delayed about 30 minutes.

My flight this week was delayed 2 hours, but I was afraid to leave the airport to eat some good pizza at the Guthries because one of the Delta workers told me that they could bump the time up at any time if something changed. So, since I'm a stress case I decided Shane would have a much more enjoyable time if I wasn't there checking on my flight every five minutes. Luckily, I had Jack Bauer to keep me company :). I watched two whole episodes in the airport and one on the plane.

Now, that's not all... Every time we landed in LA we had to wait for at least 20 minutes (sometimes 45) for an open gate!! Then once I got my bags, I had to wait at least 30 minutes to get a taxi.

Anyway, my flight out of Phoenix at 6:30 on Sunday didn't leave until 8:30, and I didn't get to my hotel until 11:30. Basically, a trip that should take a little more than 2.5 hours (from taking off to getting to the hotel) ended up taking a lot longer...

That's just my venting for now. I'll post the pictures this weekend!

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Well, I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures of the house! And I'm sorry you've had nightmares in traveling. It seems that's happening a lot these days.