Monday, October 22, 2007

Our House

So, here are the pictures I've been promising. To see what our house looked like before, see our post called "It's Official" from July.

Here is our new red (or rust) wall in our bedroom. The other walls are now a light taupe. They were originally supposed to be a sage color, but the sage was too dark and everything ended up looking like Christmas, so we decided to settle with a light brown.

Here is my new piano! We bought it from Emma and Kendall because they needed to sell it to move. It was made in 1908, so it's almost 100 years old. It's so nice to have my own piano. Now, I just need my piano books...

These are some pictures of our front room. We're hoping to get our couches to match someday soon...hopefully with slip covers or something. But look at our new wood floors!


Here's a picture of our kitchen. The walls in here are the same color as those in our room. We haven't done much else except put out all of our stuff, paint the walls, and put in the ceiling fan. Eventually we'd like to stain the cabinets a darker color.

This is our office. Again, we put in the wood floors. Shane gets to decorate this room with all the Peru souvenirs he can.


Here is a shot of our hallway. I just wanted to show my wood floors again...

That's it for now. We did put in our winter lawn last week and Shane has been changing our front yard, so we'll put pictures up when they're done.

6 comments:

Jooge and Nat said...

AHHHHHHHHHHH!!! You have a house!

Tricia L said...

Where's my room? I'm confused...

So, the house looks great! I'm jealous! How's the new job going? How's Shane's job? I miss you guys! We'll try and come in January!

Aleisha said...

Your home is beautiful! I love the accent wall in your bedroom, one day I hope to put one in my family room.

Tam Tam said...

Lovely home! We hope to come see it again soon. Well, actually we hope to see you guys again soon!

Anonymous said...

your house is so cute!!!! I love the piano in the bedroom!

Catherine said...

Love the house Jess!!! You always have had great taste in style and home decor. Congratulations once again!!