Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Catching Up



I've been a little hesitant to write this post, but I've decided that I don't care what people think...you can judge me if you want :)


For Valentine's Day (even though we agreed that we were doing a "card only" year with dinner out), Shane gave me a gift. I don't know if he knew how exciting this gift would be, but he has since realized it.


You see, he gave me Season 1 of the O.C. Before you finish rolling your eyes, let me try and explain. I started watching the O.C. part way through Season 2, when Shane and I started dating. I figured I should embrace some of his interests to spend more time with him (hence my following of The O.C. and Smallville--two high quality shows...). My dad, Jared, and Jessie also started watching soon thereafter, so it became a family affair. My dad would Tivo it and we'd all watch it together if Shane and I were in town.


I grew very attached to the Cohen family, and sadly, I felt like I was losing friends when the show ended (even though the last season sometimes felt like they were running out of story lines). Well, maybe it wasn't so dramatic, but there was definitely a (very temporary) void in my life.


Anyway, after finding me cleaning the house with old episodes playing on the SOAP network and reminding me that I didn't know the real Ryan Atwood because I hadn't seen the first season, he got the brilliant idea to buy me the DVDs for Valentine's day. So our Valentine's consisted of dinner out at the Kozy Cactus (a new little restaurant down the street) and then 4 episodes of The O.C. and I enjoyed every minute of it... Since Valentine's we fill our uneventful weekend evenings with an episode or two...or sometimes three depending on the current storyline.

So say what you want about the time we wasted on meaningless, drama-filled TV, but it's been fun for us. And I feel like I have my friends back, even if we're almost out of episodes.


*** The spacing on this post is driving me CRAZY. Sorry, I don't want to spend the time fixing it.

4 comments:

Amy said...

Yeah... a new post. TV is good so we have something to look forward to. Really the only thing that I am looking forward to next week is the new episode of Lost. So let's give 3 cheers for addictive TV :)

Tricia L said...

I LOVE the O.C.! I didn't start watching it until season 2 either. I still need to see season 1. I totally know what you mean when it got cancelled. I was so sad, but then I found that Gossip Girl fills that gap for me. It has the same amount of drama and AMAZING fashion, and also some delicious guys to look at. Are you still coming to Utah this month?

Christina said...

Want to watch an awesome show that never runs out of episodes? Start with season 1 of ER!! :) We also liked watching the OC on DVDs. Another favorite: Friday Night Lights.

Megan said...

The O.C. is most definitely a high quality show! I watched it faithfully from the very first season when I saw a preview of it in my dorm room... It is my FAVORITE show of all time. I LOVED Seth and Ryan! I seriously cried when it ended.