Wednesday, August 19, 2009

24 Weeks!

Yesterday, we officially graduated to 24 weeks! Our 24-week celebration included another ultrasound. The doctor wanted to follow up on a few things after our first ultrasound (all related to me, none to the baby), and the nurse was kind enough to let us look at our little guy for a while once she checked everything she needed to.

The results were good news all around: everything looks good on my end, the baby is average size, my due date was bumped up a day (to December 7), he is most definitely a boy, and he has a cute, mini version of Shane's nose!


All of the images from this ultrasound were printouts and we don't have access to a good enough scanner right now, so we took pictures of some of them to share with the blogging world. Sadly, the 3D ones that show his cute little face don't show up so well on the camera, but I added one and a few words to help guide your eye. I've seen the real image I know what it is, but maybe some of you will be able to see his little nose. (If you click on the picture you can see it a little better.)


He was still pretty shy this time around. He squeezed his head into another pocket and covered his face for a lot of the time. Thanks to the tech's quick reflexes, she got the picture above when he moved his hand for a minute. For a while, she just let the 3D run in real time and we saw him move his little fingers around in front of his face...

It's amazing that there really is a little mini person in there! I feel him all day now, but to see him is a totally different reality...

Coming soon: progress on the baby's room. Stay tuned!

7 comments:

Amy said...

Oh My!!! I can't wait to see him in person.

Matt and Piper said...

I love it. I'm hoping to get to see you before you have him, but for some reason I don't get answers when I call or text you. Are you busy? JK

Unknown said...

Yeah! I love those pictures! Congrats on making it to 24 weeks! I love the ring Shane got you. Too funny about the shot gun wedding. We really need to get together with you guys! We haven't hung out at all!

Nat said...

Awww baby!

Megan said...

Oh my gosh, so fun! I get all warm inside looking at your little boy. It's so exciting to be able to see his little nose and hand! I am super glad you posted the pictures. I wish I could see you in person!

Kathy said...

Jess! Congratulations. I am so happy for you and shane!!
Kathy Hinckley Moore

Ashlee Hatch said...

Ahhh, he has Shane's nose! That's awesome!! I'm so jealous you are able to take belly pictures now....I still look (and feel) fat, not pregnant. Oh well, I guess I just have to wait a little longer.:)