Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Shotgun Wedding

For our anniversary, Shane gave me a new ring to replace my officially lost/stolen ring. First, let's have a moment of silence for my original ring....


And now, here's my new ring. It's definitely different from the first, but still follows my apparent need for squares and straight lines. I had looked at a couple with Shane and he already knew what I liked and disliked and I think his final choice is a winner!


Now, for a funny story regarding my new ring... Shane bought the ring online after much research and price comparing between stores and websites. However, the website did not have the ring in my size, so Shane bought it a little bigger and contacted a jewelry store to ask about the possibility of resizing.

Well, after our anniversary dinner, we decided to stop at said jewelry store for a temporary sizer since my fingers will be growing and shrinking over the next few months. We figured it'd be nice to have something I could change from day to day.

We walked into the store and explained that eventually we'd need to have the ring permanently resized, but that we wanted a temporary sizer for now. The saleslady then said, "Is that because you're......[VERY long pause].....pregnant?" It made me happy that people are finally thinking I'm pregnant instead of just a little thick around the middle, but I can only imagine what was going through the saleslady's mind as she posed that question. I'm sure she was debating whether to make that assumption.

Anyway, she put on the temporary sizer (free of charge) and sent us on our way. As we were leaving the store, Shane and I realized how things may have looked to the people inside... During our conversation, the saleslady was able to determine the following facts: (a) we bought the ring online, (b) the ring was the incorrect size, (c) I was pregnant. If you put the pieces together the right way, that has ALL the makings of a wonderful shotgun wedding... Whether the thought that or not, we'll never know, but we thought it was funny :)

7 comments:

Amy said...

Wow Shane you did good! That is a beauty!

Megan said...

I LOVE the new ring!!!!

Tricia L said...

I've been wondering if you ever found your ring. Your new one is gorgeous! That temporary ring sizer is an excellent idea...I may need to go get one on one of rings.

Matt and Piper said...

I love it. I could never wear it. It would get stuck in everyone's hair. But that's why you have it and I don't.

Megan said...

I love ,love, love the new ring! It's gorgeous! I actually did pause for a moment of silent for your old ring :) I hope people thought you guys were shot gun wedding it because that's hilarious! Good work on the new ring, Shane! (lots of exclamation points but since I can't be there to show my enthusiasm in person, exclamatory punctuation will have to suffice)

EmmaTheJane said...

Love the ring. Love the story. Love you.

jessie j. said...

your new ring is gorgeous and i love it! miss you and hope you and shane are doing (and feeling) well. love jess