Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Single Parenthood

Shane and I have each gotten a brief glance into the lives of single parents...

Last week, Shane spent 3 days in New York City, leaving me and Dylan to fend for ourselves (dramatic, I know). We did fine, but Dylan wasn't feeling well and he and I would spend about 2 hours at a time awake each night. It was hard not having Shane to take turns with, but we survived.

This week, I'm in Chicago, leaving Shane and Dylan for a fun adventure together. They've had two nights together... Sunday night, Dylan woke up once and cried himself back to sleep, then woke up again, ate, and went back to sleep. Last night, Dylan slept all night long! Of course he'd save his all night sleeps for when Dad is watching him...

Now, I'm not claiming to have any idea what real single parents go through. But it was definitely hard knowing that Shane wasn't coming home from work each night...even just for moral support. We have plenty of family and friends around to help, but it was still a different feeling. I'm so glad to have Shane...I can't imagine life without him.


[End of cheesy, ridiculous post]

2 comments:

jen said...

you have a new blog look. we are moving to ca and we want to see you all before we go. we're sorry we missed you all at the wedding! did you go too? how long were you in chicago?!?

Lisa said...

It's definitely easier to have two. Tag team the baby. Your baby is so cute and he weighs as much as my 10 month old! Keep in touch.