Saturday, September 8, 2007

The newest Hatch family additions...

This may be a misleading title, but really our two newest additions are Shane's new truck and our wood floors!

Shane has been looking for his own car for a while now because we both knew we'd need a second car once my job started since we'll both be working in different places all the time. He wanted a small truck and spent many hours pouring over the classified ads and cars.com. Luckily, Labor Day weekend happened to be at the same time so there were tons of good deals on cars all over the valley. We actually ended up finding a smoking deal! The salesman was shocked at the price they were offering in the paper. We got it for about $4,000 below the sticker price and almost $2,000 below blue book. Enough about the numbers, here's the truck:



It's a 2006 Chevy Colorado. Shane broke family custom and bought a Chevy instead of a Ford, but they aren't giving him too hard a time. It's a really light silver (they call it pewter) and I kept calling it pretty until Shane said it made the truck less manly when I called it pretty. We've been very pleased with the truck so far. It's got five seats so it's really roomy. The only drawback is that it was owned by a smoker before, but they're doing a free treatment to remove the odor so that should help.


The other exciting development is that our wood floors are officially done!! Except, of course, for cleaning the extra glue off the wood and for caulking along the walls and the transition pieces between the tile and the wood.
So maybe we still have some things to do, but it's so exciting seeing the floors down! I don't have any pictures of the final product yet, but here are some pictures from the process.

Other than the work on our house, I'm just trying to drag the days out as long as they can go because I start work on Tuesday!! I'm excited for it to start, but at the same time I'll never have another summer quite like this one so it's sad for it to be over. I guess there's not much else I can do. I'll be getting on a plane on Tuesday and spending the next three weeks in LA for training!

I'll try and get the Hawaii pictures and some newer pictures of our house posted before I start work...

2 comments:

Tam Tam said...

Lol PRETTY car! Manly cars should still be allowed to be called pretty. I can't wait to see it and the hard wood floors! And you have a message on facebook. See you later!

Tricia L said...

YAY! I'm excited for your new floors! That's awesome! I hope training goes well for you! That's exciting stuff! I start my training today! Oh, and I finally posted some new stuff on my blog!