Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Welcome to the working world!

So today was my first day of work. It was really just an orientation day where we just talked about everything and got our schedules and such.

I leave in a few hours for LA where I will be spending the next three weeks (I'll come home on the weekends) for training. I guess we get our computers, our ID cards, and our business cards out there. It's crazy that I'm actually working! It's not just a summer job or a job to get me through school, it's my career... It's very strange to think, but it's exciting as well.

In other job-related news, Shane has been interviewing with various companies trying to get his foot into the door of the marketing world. He would really like to end up doing market research, it's just a hard industry to get into. he actually got called back by the company he interviewed with yesterday to spend a whole day with an account representative so that seems promising. We'll post more news as we move along.

As you can see, I didn't get the Hawaii pictures uploaded before work started. I guess I'll just have to do that on Saturday. I'll try and get it done soon...

1 comment:

Aleisha said...

Hey Jess! I love keeping updated on your world. You have inspired me to do my own blog! I started in August, but being technologically handicapped, I have tried to fix it a billion times, a little practice is all I need (and maybe a training session from you) Anyway it's http://tyandaleisha.blogspot.com It looks like you're doing great!I love the truck, Ty is so jealous!