Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Guilty pleasure

I must admit that there's a part of my day that I enjoy much more than I'm sure poor baby Dylan does (or at least he'll probably hate looking at the evidence when he's older). You see, ever since Dylan was very very little, he's been a very calm, alert baby--especially in the morning. Well, during this morning awake time while my mom was still staying with us and Shane went back to work, we started dressing Dylan in a new outfit each day and taking pictures. Once taken, these pictures were then sent to Shane with a little email from Dylan. It was a fun way to let Shane see the boy even while he was gone all day. When my mom was involved, these pictures included props and backdrops...and lots of clapping and cooing to get Dylan to look somewhat at the camera.

Once Dylan had worn all of his newborn outfits at least once, the holidays were in full swing so the picture taking kind of fizzled out. However, we recently have switched from Dylan's newborn outfits to 0-3 month clothes (I know, it's hard to believe that an 11 pound baby still fit in newborn clothes, but he's so short!!), and I've received many requests from my mother for updated pictures of the boy, so the picture taking has resumed.

I must admit, my photos aren't near as elaborate as my mothers (no more props or clever poses), but Shane still gets fun emails from Dylan almost every day at work, usually detailing his sleeping and pooping habits that day and how bored he is hanging out with just Mom :)

I thought I'd post a series of the best of each photo shoot thus far along with Dylan's age at the time, just to give you an idea of what I put this poor boy through! (And to show how much he's changed in just over a month...) Enjoy!

6 days

1 week

1 week

1 week 1 day

1 week 6 days

3 weeks 1 day

3 weeks 1 day

4 weeks 2 days

5 weeks 1 day

5 weeks 2 days {Okay, so maybe some days he isn't so calm...this photo shoot occurred a little too close to nap time}

5 weeks 5 days

5 weeks 6 days {Dylan chose to wear this shirt yesterday because somehow each time he woke up in the night it was right when I was in my deepest sleep. He just wanted to remind me why I'm willing to give up my sleep...}

6 weeks (today) -- Notice the ever-growing belly and cheeks!

This last one helps me remember how close he is to smiling for real. He has the cutest smiles when he's sleeping, but we're still working on awake smiles. I think this one was a fluke, but it's so cute!


4 comments:

Amy said...

So Cute! I can't believe how big he is getting!

Unknown said...

He is so cute! I can't believe it has already been six weeks. We need to get together, we will call you guys when we are up at Marks parents house next month.

Ashlee Hatch said...

What a fun idea!!! I'll have to do that too when Jack is born. :)

Megan said...

So cute! I am glad your mom has requested lots of pictures, becuase I too enjoy lots of pictures! He is getting to be a little chunker huh? Super adorable though. and I definitely still see both of you in him. Love it! Keep updating your blog frequently, so that I can feel like I actually watch him grow :)