Friday, February 19, 2010

Addendum

I hope my last post didn't make it seem like I really think my baby is a monster or that I'm upset with him in any way. I just use the blogging world as my venting space.

Anyway, shortly after the post, we had a heart to heart. I explained to him that I just want him to get the sleep he needs, especially less fractured sleep, and that I was sorry if it was too much all at once. So in the end we reached a compromise in which he can continue to nap in his bouncer for now on two conditions: (1) the vibrations must be off and (2) he'll try to sleep longer than 40 minutes...

After our discussion, I swaddled him and he immediately fell asleep (probably due to exhaustion). I put him in his bouncer (without vibrations) and he slept for 3 hours! Then he woke up for dinner, played with Shane a bit, and took a nap for about an hour in Shane's arms (I know...very counterproductive).

This morning I put him in his bouncer for his first nap and he was still a little bit awake, but he was able to get himself to sleep (I was sitting behind him so he couldn't see me). It took him a bit longer than with the vibrations, but he did it! He only slept for 50 minutes, but I'm counting it as a small victory. My hope is once we improve naps in the bouncer, the crib will be easier to tackle, but who knows...

No comments: