Friday, February 12, 2010

Best Valentine's Day Ever

I know, I know...Valentine's Day isn't until Sunday but I'm pretty sure mine has already been the best one ever because most of it came early this year. Here's why it's been the best:

1. We have Dylan to celebrate with, and what better way to feel loved than to have a newborn snuggling with you all day long (especially when he's sick)?

2. Shane surprised me with a new Flip camera. It's awesome and I now find myself videoing little portions of Dylan's day. It's so much easier to capture the moments since it's so portable and so simple to use.

3. Shane made me truffles at work on Tuesday. They were delicious...it was a little difficult to pace myself and not eat them all at once!

4. Shane surprised me this morning and told me he took the day off to be with me and Dylan!

5. Shane spent his day off cleaning the house and taking care of Dylan so I could get a few things knocked off my to-do list.

6. Shane wrote me the sweetest note, which now sits next to my bed and will be something I will read over and over again when I need a pick-me-up.

Shane is a very sentimental and thoughtful person, but I can't help but think that some of this early Valentine's love was prompted by an emotional breakdown that occurred at 5 AM on Tuesday morning... You see, the combination of sleep deprivation due to our sick little boy (some nights I only got about 3 hours), me beginning to get sick myself, and watching all of the items on my to-do list go undone because Dylan wouldn't let me put him down for very long during the past few days turned into an explosion. In the end, many tears were shed, a knee was bruised (we're still getting used to our new room arrangement), and a discussion was held regarding the dangers of bottling up our feelings, but all in all I feel much better having let it out.

And now thanks to Shane I'm not so stressed out about my to-do list. Our house is completely clean, except for the laundry (which we'll do tomorrow when our power costs less), and all I did was dust (prior to my dusting today, the surfaces in our house hadn't been touched since my mom left on Dec. 29th...I know, she would be appalled)! Shane did the rest. I'm so lucky to have such a wonderful husband! Now I better make sure I actually give him his Valentine's card this year :)

1 comment:

Megan said...

I'm so glad Shane is so thoughtful and loving to you. What a wonderful suprise to have him spend the day at home! It's quite understandable to have a mental breakdown, I'm just glad you had someone to pick you back up. love ya Jess!