Tuesday, February 9, 2010

(Post) Pregnancy Brain?

In case you missed it, a few of the Super Bowl commercials featured a bunch of screaming chickens... It was for the free Grand Slam at Denny's today. By the third one of these commercials on Sunday, the following conversation occurred:

Jessica: "Why are all the chickens screaming like women??"
Shane: {{Silence...stares at Jessica...}}
Jessica: "Oh...eggs..."

(For those who don't get it either, the chickens are screaming because of all the eggs Denny's is going to need. Hence, all the chickens are hens, not roosters...)

I used pregnancy brain as an excuse a lot while I was pregnant, but I feel like my brain hasn't come back yet... Can I still use the excuse??

(Maybe I can blame sleep deprivation because our little boy is back to waking up quite frequently at night...I know it's his poor little ears and it makes me so sad. I'm counting down the days until the antibiotics kick in!)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

It just gets worse. At least for me it does. I feel like I have early alzheimers. Sorry that we didn't end up calling you on Sunday, but Olivia and I were sick and didn't want to bring our sickness to your house. Sorry Dylan has already gotten his first cold. It seems to be going around.

Matt and Piper said...

I was told that the brain shrinks to 2/3 its size in the 3rd trimester. I'm not sure it ever recovers (that's my excuse).

Megan said...

I don't have an excuse but I thought those commercials were confusing and lame. Sean also thought they were stupid because as he so eloquently put it, "we eat eggs all the time. Why is it a big deal now?" Seriously Denny's, your commercials were not cool.

On a second thought I LOVED the doritos commercials, especially the ones with the little boy...
1. Keep your hands off my momma.
2. Keep your hands off my doritos.
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Jessica said...

That one was our favorite too. So cute!

atec said...

There is an actual study that shows that a pregnant woman's brain shrinks by 10 percent over the course of the pregnancy....obviously it takes TIME TO GROW back to it's normal size. Although I'm really not sure that the synapses will ever reconnect when all we do is change diapers and feed kids....so Piper has a point!