Friday, February 19, 2010

Picnic!

See that indentation in our lawn?


That's where we had a family picnic last night. I was so busy enjoying the evening I didn't take time to capture it with our camera, so a picture of the lawn will have to do.

Dylan was getting a little antsy right before Shane got home, so we took a little walk out to the mailbox. As soon as we were outside, he calmed right down and started taking everything in. I could tell he was hearing the birds in the tree and feeling the cooler air...and he definitely noticed the sunlight when it hit his face. Because it was such a beautiful night and it's staying light so much longer, we set out a blanket on the lawn and Shane and Dylan played while I finished dinner. Then we ate out there all together. Toward the end it got a little chilly, but it was so much fun!

I can't wait until it stays just a little warmer in the evenings...we might be eating outside every night!

No comments: